Order, search, and filter list items
Reordering list items
List items in a Sitefinity CMS list support manual reordering to define the order in which they will appear. To reorder list items you click the Reorder button (next to Create a list item) when working with the items within a list. You can then use drag and drop to specify manually the list items order. The following video demonstrates the list items reordering capabilities of Sitefinity CMS:
Searching for list items
To search for a particular list item, use the search option.
- In the Search field on the top of the screen, enter the name or part of the name of the list item you are searching for.
The search field is case insensitive.
- Click the search icon or press Enter on your keyboard.
A list of results matching your search appears.
- To return to the list of all items, click Clear next to the results count.
Sorting and Filtering list items
To sort list items in a list, click the Filter icon .
- You can sort the results list by the following criteria:
- Manually - This option is selected by default, and lets you use drag and drop to reorder the list.
- Last modified on top
- Last created on top
- By title (A-Z)
- By title (Z-A)
- Filter by ownership.
To display list items, created only by your user, in the right side of the page, click My list items link under Filter.
- Filter by workflow status.
You can filter list items by their status. For example, Published or Draft.
For more information, see Workflow statuses.
- Filter by classifications.
You can also filter items by categories, tags, and custom classifications.
If you have added a custom classification field to list items, it appears in the filter options. For more information, see Overview: Custom fields.