Connect with HubSpot
You connect your Sitefinity CMS instance with a specific HubSpot Hub ID and API key. When you integrate HubSpot with Sitefinity CMS, once a visitor lands on the page, HubSpot loads its script on your Sitefinity CMS landing page.
- If the visitor is a known visitor, the
pageview data is associated with the relevant contact in HubSpot.
- If the visitor is not known, a new cookie is issued, which automatically creates a new customer GUID in HubSpot, so the
pageview data is stored in HubSpot as an unknown visitor.
In both cases, if the same visitor logs from a different computer with their credentials, by logging in, for example, data is mapped and merged to their contact profile and you can access this data for analysis and reporting in HubSpot.
To connect, perform the following:
- In Sitefinity CMS, navigate to Administration » Connector for HubSpot.
- In the Hub ID field, paste the Hub ID from your HubSpot account.
You can find the Hub ID in your HubSpot account. Click on your account name in the upper right. Your Hub ID appears in the menu under your account name.
For example, 1234567
- Enter your API key.
You can find the API key in your HubSpot account, in the following way:
- In the upper right corner, click your account name.
- In the left sidebar menu, click Integrations » HubSpot API key.
If a key has never been generated for your account, click Create new key and copy it.
For example, e20ddb05-57ef-4411-97e6-b9e5d2e4d2ec
- Click Connect.
RESULT: Once you connect with HubSpot and map your forms, your landing page visits, completed forms, and contacts are tracked, and data is sent to HubSpot.
In case you want to change any of your connection setting, click the Change connection link.