Download and install the Project Manager
PREREQUISITES: You must have certain database permissions on the machine where you want to install Sitefinity CMS.
Download Sitefinity CMS
To download Sitefinity CMS, perform the following:
- In the upper-right corner of the page, click Telerik Your Account.
- Login with your Sitefinity CMS credentials.
If you do not have an account, you must create one.
- In the upper-right corner of the screen, expand you account options.
- Click Account Overview » Products & Subscriptions » Sitefinity CMS.
- Click Sitefinity CMS.
You can download the following:
- Official versions
Perform the following.
- Click the Versions tab.
- In the Version dropdown box, select the version, which you want to download.
- Under Installation, you can download Sitefinity CMS installer that runs the installation wizard.
- You can also download only the Project Manager
.zip file or other files, if you require them.
- Beta versions
To download a Beta version, click tab Betas.
- Internal builds
To download internal builds of the latest Sitefinity CMS version, click tab Internal Builds.
Install Sitefinity CMS
Use the Setup wizard
Run the downloaded installer (
Sitefinity Setup Wizard appears.
- Read and accept the License agreement by clicking I agree – Continue.
The installation folder appears. You can change it by clicking Customize.
- Click Install.
- When the wizard completes the installation, click Finish.
Sitefinity CMS is installed on your computer.
- To create your first project, open the installation folder and click .
Run the Project Manager
If you have downloaded just the Project Manager ZIP file, extract the
SitefinityCMS.exe file and save it in a folder on your computer.
The project manager does not require installation. To create your first project, open the folder and click .
RESULT: Sitefinity CMS Project Manager appears. Your are ready to create your first project.
For more information, see Work with Sitefinity CMS Project Manager and Create a project.
Download a trial version of Sitefinity CMS
- Open http://www.progress.com/sitefinity-cms and click TRY NOW » DOWNLOAD TIAL.
Progress Sitefinity Installer appears.
- Enter installation folder, accept the License Agreement, and click NEXT.
- Login with your Sitefinity CMS credentials or create an account.
- Click INSTALL.
When the installation finishes, a summary appears.
Remember the provided credentials.
- In the Project Manager that opens automatically, login with the provided credentials.
The Dashboard of Sitefinity CMS appears.