Connect Sitefinity CMS forms to Oracle Eloqua
NOTE: Sitefinity Digital Experience Cloud (DEC) was renamed to Sitefinity Insight as a part of the Sitefinity 13.0 release. However, Sitefinity CMS and its documentation prior to version 13.0 continue using the former name - Digital Experience Cloud.
To integrate Sitefinity CMS forms data with Eloqua you need to:
Map Sitefinity CMS forms to Eloqua forms
You can accumulate data from many Sitefinity CMS forms, for example, Contact us or Register, to a single Eloqua form, capturing lead data for a specific campaign. On the other hand, you can reuse one form on many pages, each page corresponding to a different campaign in Eloqua. To do this, you need to connect a Sitefinity CMS form, built with Sitefinity CMS form builder, to Oracle Eloqua and you must match the form fields to the Eloqua form fields. Next, you enable the form to post data to Eloqua and choose the proper campaign.
Once you set up an Eloqua campaign and build an Eloqua form, you can associate any Sitefinity CMS MVC form, new or existing, to this campaign. Generally, you map fields of an existing Sitefinity CMS form, especially if you do not want to create a large form from scratch.
If you want to connect a new Sitefinity CMS form to Eloqua:
- Create the form by following the procedure Create forms.
IMPORTANT: You must create an MVC only form since you can only connect MVC forms to Oracle Eloqua.
- Click Create and go add content.
In content editing form, design the layout of the form. For more information, see Design forms.
- To automatically map the Sitefinity CMS form fields to the Eloqua form fields, make sure you create and name the fields identically to the fields in the Eloqua form.
- Save and publish the form.
Next, to connect the newly created or any existing Sitefinity CMS form to Eloqua, follow these steps:
- Next to the corresponding form, navigate to Actions -> Properties -> Connectors settings.
- In the Eloqua form name field, start typing the name of the Eloqua form.
Sitefinity CMS autocompletes your search and in addition provides you with a list with the forms, associated with your Eloqua site ID.
NOTE: If your have a Marketo integration as well, you can also sync this form with Marketo. For more information, see Connect a form with Marketo. In addition, if you work with Digital Experience Cloud, you can sync form data as well. For more information, see Data sources.
- To map form fields, click the Create data mapping button.
NOTE: If you created a Sitefinity CMS form with corresponding fields to the Eloqua form, you can skip this step.
- For each Sitefinity CMS form field, choose the Eloqua form field to map to.
Once you start typing, Sitefinity CMS autocompletes your query. You can also see a list with all fields of the Eloqua form.
- Click Done.
Enable Sitefinity CMS forms to post data to Eloqua
- In Sitefinity CMS, drag and drop a Form widget on your landing page.
NOTE: You can add more than one MVC form widgets on the page and thus use different forms. Or you can post data to Eloqua from one form only, depending on your marketing campaign scenario.
- In the widget designer, choose the form you want the widget to display.
- Open the Eloqua tab page and select the Post data to Eloqua checkbox.
- Optionally, enter the campaign ID of the form.
The campaign ID links the form with the respective Eloqua campaign for tracking and lead management purposes.
NOTE: To find the campaign ID, in Eloqua, open the respective campaign. From the URL, copy the ID at the end of the URL, for example, id=12345.
NOTE: You can have different campaign IDs for the same form and thus reuse the form for different purposes.