Register the Analytics module
Before you setup the Analytics module, you must register it in Google Analytics. You must register when you are setting up Analytics for the first time.
Perform the following:
- Log in to your Google Analytics account.
- Go to https://code.google.com/apis/console/.
- In the toolbar, click CREATE PROJECT.
- Choose a name for the project and click Create.
- In the toolbar, click on the Notification icon and then click on your newly created project.
- In the Google APIs screen, in the APIs section, click Go to APIs overview.
Open the Library tab page.
- Under Other popular APIs, select Analytics API.
- In the toolbar, click ENABLE.
- In the upper-right corner, click Create credentials.
- Under Add credentials to your project, click Cancel.
- Expand Create credentials and click OAuth Client ID.
- In the upper-right corner, click Configure consent screen.
- In Product name shown to users, enter a name for the product and click Save.
- Select Web application.
- Under Authorized redirect URIs, enter http://<you website>/Sitefinity/marketing/Analytics
- Click Create.
- Copy the generated Client ID and the Client secret.
RESULT: You have registered the Analytics module, you can continue to setup the Analytics module in Sitefinity CMS backend.