What are taxonomies
Taxonomy is the practice of classifying and organizing content. Taxonomy can be applied to all Sitefinity CMS content items. Once classified, this content can be displayed (or hidden) based on these classifications.
In Sitefinity CMS, the following Taxonomy types are available:
- Flat taxonomies - tags
- Hierarchical taxonomies - categories
- Facet taxonomies - No user interface in Sitefinity
- Network taxonomies - No user interface in Sitefinity
- Taxonomy - Classification
- Taxon - an item or a group of items, which the taxonomist identifies as a separate unit. If the web site has a large infrastructure of all kinds of medias – images, documents, videos, articles, then a Taxon of graphics can be defined, which will categorize (or classify) all the images.
- Taxa – the plural of Taxon.