Use this widget to display RSS feed on your website.
PREREQUISITES: You have created at least one feed. For more information, see Publishing system: Feeds.
After you have dragged the Feed widget on your page you must configure it to display a feed.
- To do this, click Edit button in the upper-right corner of the widget.
The Feed window appears.
- Select the feed to be displayed on the page by clicking Select a feed button.
From the list of feeds that appears, select one feed and click Done selecting.
NOTE: The Feed widget can display only one feed, if you want to display more feeds, add more Feed widgets to your page.
- Choose how to display the feed by selecting one of the following in Insert… radio button group:
- Links both in the page and in the browser address-bar
The system displays a clickable link on the page that leads to the RSS feed. The browser also automatically detects the RSS feed published by the page, and displays in the address bars of Mozilla Firefox, Safari, and Google Chrome or in the toolbar of Internet Explorer.
- Link in the browser address-bar only
The system does not display a clickable link on the page, but the browser automatically detects the RSS feed published by the page, and displays in the address bars of Mozilla Firefox, Safari, and Google Chrome or in the toolbar of Internet Explorer.
- Link in the page only
The system displays a clickable link on the page that leads to the RSS feed.
- In Text to display input field, enter the text which is displayed as title of the feed.
By default the title of the feed is displayed, or if the feed was created when creating a blog, the name of the blog is displayed.
- In Icon radio button group, select the type of icon that is displayed with the feed.
- If you click More options, you can configure the following:
- You can add a tooltip text for the feed that is displayed when you hover over the RSS link.
- You can assign a CSS class name to the feed in case you want to style the link later.
- You can choose to open the feed in a new window, by selecting Open this link in a new window checkbox.
- When you are finished, click Save.
For more information about advanced configuration options, see Advanced configuration of widgets.
NOTE: If your site is multilingual and the page you are editing is synchronized with another translation, when you edit the widget, the Save to all translations button appears. If you click it, the current widget configuration will be saved to all translations, else, if you click Save, the widget configuration is saves only to the current translation, but the pages are still synchronized. If your pages are synchronized, you can have different widget configurations, but you cannot have different widgets.