You use this widget to display RSS feed on your website.
PREREQUISITES: You have created at least one feed. For more information, see Publishing system: Feeds.
After you place the Feed widget on your page you must configure it to display a feed. To do this:
- Click the Edit button in the upper-right corner of the widget.
- In the Feed window, select the feed to be displayed on the page by clicking Select button.
Select a feed and click Done selecting.
NOTE: The Feed widget can display only one feed at a time. If you want to display more feeds, add more Feed widgets to your page.
- Under Insert..., select the way you want the feed to be displayed:
- Links both in the page and in the browser address-bar
The system displays a clickable link on the page that leads to the RSS feed. The browser also automatically detects the RSS feed published by the page and displays it in the address bar or in the toolbar.
- Link in the page only
The system displays a clickable link on the page that leads to the RSS feed.
- Link in the browser address-bar only
The system does not display a clickable link on the page, but the browser automatically detects the RSS feed published by the page and displays it in the address bars or in the toolbar.
- In Text to display input field, enter the text to be displayed as a title of the feed.
By default, the title of the feed is displayed. However, if the feed was created when creating a blog, the name of the blog is displayed.
- To open the feed in a new window, by select the Open this link in a new window checkbox.
- In the Tooltip input field, you can add a tooltip text for the feed that is displayed when you hover over the RSS link.
- In Template section, select the template you want to use.
- If you want to assign a CSS class name to the feed in case you want to style the link later, click More options.
- When you are finished, click Save.
NOTE: If your site is multilingual and the page you are editing is synchronized with another translation, when you edit the widget, the Save to all translations button appears. If you click the button, the current widget configuration will be saved to all translations. Else, if you click Save, the widget configuration is saved only to the current translation, but the pages are still synchronized. If your pages are synchronized, you can have different widget configurations, but you cannot have different widgets.