IMPORTANT: Labels and messages (resource files) are stored as configurations and not in the database. Therefore, changes to them should pass through the continuous delivery process and not be done on your live environment.
To create a new label, perform the following:
- On Labels & Messages page, click Create a label button.
- Enter one of the following:
- If you have one language for the backend, the system displays Label input field, where you enter the label of the field.
- If you have added more than one language for the backend, the Edit label page displays the following:
- Invariant Language (Invariant Country) input field
In this field, enter the name of the input field that is used to refer to the field regardless of the backend language that is set by default or currently used. This is the default value of the label.
- An input field for each language
In each field, enter the relevant translation in the respective language.
- In Description input field, enter a description of the label or message.
For example, enter where the label is displayed.
- In Key input field, enter a name for the label or message that is used in the code to refer to that label or message.
- In Type dropdown, select the resource that the label will belong to.
- Click Save changes button.
- To apply the changes, restart your application.
The new label appears in the list of all labels.