IMPORTANT: Labels and messages (resource files) are stored as configurations and not in the database. Therefore, changes to them should pass through the continuous delivery process and not be done on your live environment.
You can edit labels in the following way:
- On Labels & Messages page, find and click the label.
- Enter one of the following:
- If you have one language for the backend, the system displays Label input field, where you enter the label of the field.
- If you have added more than one language for the backend, the Edit label page displays the following:
- Invariant Language (Invariant Country) input field
In this field, enter the name of the input field that is used to refer to the field regardless of the backend language that is set by default or currently used. This is the default value of the label.
- An input field for each language
In each field, enter the relevant translation in the respective language.
- In the right side of the page, click Edit description link.
An input field appears where you enter the new description and click Save.
- If the label you are editing is a custom label, created by you or another user, the Delete link appears.
By clicking the Delete link, you delete the label or message permanently without an additional confirmation.
- When you are finished editing the label or message, click Save changes.
Changes are saved and the system returns you to Labels & Messages page.