Setup procedure with .NET CLI
The following article describes how to setup Sitefinity CMS to work with a standalone ASP.NET Core application as renderer.
Sitefinity comes with a .NET Core Sitefinity template, which allows you to quickly setup your renderer and start using it. To do this, you use the .NET CLI that comes with the .NET Core SDK.
You first configure Sitefinity CMS to work with the Renderer, then use the .NET CLI to setup and run the .NET Core Renderer.
Configure Sitefinity CMS
After creating and configuring your ASP.NET Core application, you have to configure your Sitefinity CMS. Perform the following:
- In Sitefinity CMS backend, navigate to Administration » Web services.
- Open the Default web service.
- Under Who can access the content by this service?, select Everyone.
- Save your changes.
Quick setup procedure
- Setup Sitefinity CMS, using the procedure above.
- Run the .NET CLI.
- Add Sitefinity NuGet source with the following command:
dotnet nuget add source https://nuget.sitefinity.com/nuget
- Install the template with the following command:
dotnet new -i Progress.Sitefinity.AspNetCore.Templates::*
- Create a new Renderer app with the following command:
dotnet new sitefinity --project-name "YourProjectName" --sfurl "http://your.sitefinity.url"
- Add a widget to your project with the following command:
dotnet new sitefinity-widget --widget-name "YourWidgetName"
- Start the renderer using the following command: