Setup procedure with .NET CLI
The following article describes how to setup Sitefinity CMS to work with a standalone ASP.NET Core application as renderer.
Sitefinity comes with an ASP.NET Core Sitefinity template, which allows you to quickly setup your renderer and start using it. To do this, you use the .NET CLI that comes with the .NET Core SDK.
You first configure Sitefinity CMS to work with the Renderer, then use the .NET CLI to setup and run the ASP.NET Core Renderer.
You can use this quick setup instead of the following steps of Install Sitefinity in ASP.NET Core mode procedure:
- Create the ASP.NET Core web application
- Install the ASP.NET Core Renderer
- Configure the ASP.NET Core Renderer
- Run the Renderer
Quick setup procedure
After you have installed, set up, and configured Sitefinity CMS, using procedure Install Sitefinity in ASP.NET Core mode, perform the following:
- Setup Sitefinity CMS, using the procedure above.
- Run the .NET CLI.
- Add Sitefinity NuGet source with the following command:
dotnet nuget add source https://nuget.sitefinity.com/nuget
- Install the template with the following command:
dotnet new -i Progress.Sitefinity.AspNetCore.Templates::*
- Create a new Renderer app with the following command:
dotnet new sitefinity --project-name "YourProjectName" --sfurl "http://your.sitefinity.url"
- Add a widget to your project with the following command:
dotnet new sitefinity-widget --widget-name "YourWidgetName"
- Start the renderer using the following command: