Manage data centers
When you open the Administration dashboard, you see an overview of your account - all data centers associated with your account with each data center’s summary.
The basic workflow of creating data centers and setting up a data import is the following:
- Create a data center.
- Select an existing data source or create a new one from which to import data.
- Configure data import.
- Get an overview and manage data sources and imports.
It is not required that you complete all steps at once.
Create data centers
You create a data center to have a dedicated data entity to encapsulate data from specific data source(s). After you create the data center itself, you get its unique API key to connect your Sitefinity CMS instance or another system to the data center.
- To create a new data center either navigate to Administration » Data centers.
- Click the Create data center button.
- Enter a valid name and optionally, a description of this data center.
NOTE: The name of the data center must be unique for this account.
- Create the data center.
Once you create the data center, you need to choose from which data source system(s) to import data.
You can plug data straight after creating a data center or at a later point of time from the data center dashboard by clicking the Plug new data button.