Why ASP.NET Core
.NET Core is an emerging, robust, and feature-rich framework that provides features to develop super-fast APIs for web apps.
It is an open-source, cross-platform framework, developed both by Microsoft and its community. It is a complete reform of ASP.NET that combines MVC structure and Web API into a single framework.
Some of the major changes include:
- Cross-platform ASP.NET apps on Windows, Mac, and Linux
- Robust performance
- Modern tools to simplify development
- Open-source framework
- Faster compilation, async operations
For more information, see Sitefinity ASP.NET Core CMS Framework for Cross Platform Development.
- Can I use my existing website with .NET Core?
Yes, Sitefinity .NET Core solution does not impact the existing functionality of your website. You can use Sitefinity .NET Core Renderer simultaneously with your existing website.
- Can I use the new Page editor without .NET Core?
This is partially possible through using the React standalone renderer app.
For more information, see the Sample React standalone renderer app on Sitefinity GitHub repository.
- Can I use the old page editor with new .NET Core pages?
- Can I use my existing widgets with the new Page editor?
- I have a new project, should I start implementing it with .NET Core or I can safely work with MVC?
Sitefinity .NET Core Renderer is ready for full productive use. There is a set of built-in widgets that you can use to develop your sites. Sitefinity also supports the standard .NET framework and the two-tier Sitefinity architecture.
- Do you have any plans to support migration of existing widgets?
For more information, see .NET Core vs .NET MVC.