Create campaign issues
Each email campaign must have one or more issues. The issue is what is sent to customers.
For example, you can have a campaign Company Newsletter and you can have the following issues – January Newsletter, May Newsletter, and so on. You can create multiple issues, which can be Draft, Scheduled, and Sent.
- To create a new issue, perform one of the following:
- On the Campaigns page, click the Actions link of the campaign for which you want to create an issue.
From the dropdown list, select Create new issue.
- On the Campaigns page, open an existing campaign by clicking it.
Click Create new issue link on the right.
- Enter a name for the issue.
For example, December Newsletter.
- The mailing list associated with the campaign appears under Mailing list. You can change it by clicking the Change… button.
- In Message subject, enter a subject for the email, which you are going to send the issue with.
For example, XYZ February Newsletter.
- The fields From name and Reply to email contain the values that you entered when creating the mailing list.
You can change the values, if needed.
- If you want to save the issue as Draft and return to the page of the campaign, click Create and go to Campaigns, otherwise, click Go to add content.
The system takes you to create the content of the issue.
- Depending on your choice for the format of the campaign in Create campaigns, perform the following:
- If you have selected Rich text, Plain text, or Like a web page, perform the respective procedure described in Create message templates.
- If you have selected Use a template, the selected template appears and you can edit it.
- If your email campaign is not Plain text, after you create it, you must also create a plain text version.
Select one of the following:
- Automatically generate plain text version
- Manually enter plain text version
- When you finished, choose what to do with the issue by clicking one of the following:
|Send this issue
The campaign issue is saved and sent to the subscribers of the mailing list.
A confirmation message appears.
|Save as draft
Saves the issue without sending it. You can manage the saved issues on the page of the campaign.
|More actions »
Select this option, if you want to schedule date and time when you want to send the email campaign issue to the subscribers of the mailing list.
- Click Deliver campaign on input field.
- Use the calendar and the time slider to select the desired time and date.
- Click Schedule this issue.
|More actions » Send check
You can see how your email campaign issue looks like in an email by sending it to a test email.
- In the text box, enter one or more email addresses to which you want to send a test message.
Separate the email by comma.
- Click Send test message button.
|More actions » Create an A/B test
Use this function to compare the effectiveness of two issues. You do this by finding out which of two email versions is more successful. You test two campaign issues on a sample of your subscribers and decide which performs better. The winner is send to the rest of your subscribers.
Perform procedure Create A/B tests.
The issue is not saved and is deleted.
The system returns you to the page of the campaign.
All created issues are displayed in Issues section and are distributed in tabs, according to their status.
If you have decided to save the campaign issue as draft, you can later edit and send it following the above procedure.