Use UPS as shipping carrier
When you are registered with UPS, customers can use their services as they are checking out of your store. UPS will display the shipping methods available for the purchased goods and the customer-specified shipping address.
NOTE: You can see a list of the available shipping methods in the configuration screen for the UPS shipping carrier.
To configure UPS as a shipping method, perform the following:
- Open the UPS Developer Kit and register with My UPS, by clicking Register.
- Fill out the required information and remember your UPS ID and password.
- Open the UPS Developer Kit and click Request an access key.
If you are logged out, you must log in.
NOTE: Before you get an access key, make sure you have a UPS account or open a new one.
- After you have added your account, click Request an access key and copy the Access Key provided by UPS.
- Open Sitefinity CMS backend.
- In the main menu, click Administration » Settings.
The Basic Settings page opens.
- Click Advanced link.
The Settings page opens.
- Click Shipping » ShippingCarrierProviders » UPS.
The UPS settings are displayed.
- In Url, enter https://wwwcie.ups.com/webservices/Rate
This is the test mode URL.
- In UserName, enter the UPS ID, created at Step 2.
- In Password, enter your UPS password, created at Step 2.
- In LicenseKey, enter the Access Key, requested at Step 4.
- Leave MeterID blank.
- In AccountNumber, enter the number of your UPS account.
- Select IsActive checkbox.
- In ClassificationCode, enter one of the following:
- 01 – Daily rates
- 04 – Retail rates
- 53 – Standard list rate
- 00 – Rate associated with account number.
If the account number is invalid, the system returns the retail rates.
- Click Save changes.
The UPS shipping method is configured in test mode. When a user checks out the cart, relevant UPS shipping services will appear.
- After you finished testing your ecommerce and want to move your website to production, perform Step 5 to Step 9, but in URL field, enter https://onlinetools.ups.com/webservices/Rate