Send for translation now
This function sends the item to the translation service immediately.
After you click this button, perform the following:
- In Translation service dropdown box, select one of the following:
- Export to XLIFF file
Select this, if you want to manually send the files to a translation agency and then import the translated items in Sitefinity.
.xlf file is an XML file. It contains the source and target languages. Inside the
<source> tags are the translatable units. After the
<source> tag, the translator can insert a
<target> tag that will hold the translation. As alternative, the translation can be inserted in the
<source> tag, overwriting the original text. If Sitefinity CMS does not find a
<target> tag, it will take the
<source> tag as the translated text.
- Export to XLIFF file (FTP)
Select this, if you want to automatically send the files to an FTP server of the translation agency and then automatically receive the translations when the agency uploads them on the FTP server.
- Lionbridge Freeway
Select this, if you want to automatically send the item for translation to Lionbridge translation agency and then automatically receive the translations in Sitefinity CMS. You must have an account with Lionbridge.
- Clay Tablet
Select this, if you want to automatically send the item for translation to a translation agency via Clay Tablet and then automatically receive the translations in Sitefinity CMS. You must have a Clay Tablet connector account.
- Click Send for translation.
If you have selected Export to XLIFF file, download the files and send them to a translation service manually.
To do this, perform the following:
- Click Administration » Translations » by Project.
- Open the last project that was automatically generated.
- Click Download all files.
The XLIFF file(s) are downloaded to your computer.
- Send the files to a translation agency.
For example, send them over the email.
: When you send for translation an item, the following happens:
The system creates the XLIFF files
For one item you can have one or more XLIFF files – one for each language that you want to translate to.
- The item appears in the Translations module under the Sent tab.
- A translation project is created.
This project holds the translation jobs. Each time you send for translation one or more jobs, a separate translation project is created. If you send for translation all jobs at once, only one project is created.
NOTE: If you have chosen Export to XLIFF file or Export to XLIFF file (FTP), the project’s name, start and end dates are automatically generated. If you have chosen Lionbridge Freeway, you have to name the project and enter starting and ending dates.
- The status on the item is changed from its original status to Sent for translation from <source language>
- If you open the item for editing, a warning appears, reminding the user that this item is already in process of translation.