Install the payment processor provider
To use your custom payment processor provider in the Ecommerce module, you must register it. To do this, perform the following:
- Log into Sitefinity CMS backend.
- In the main menu in the upper part of the screen, click Administration » Settings.
- Click the Advanced.
- In the treeview on the left, click PaymentProcessor » PaymentProcessorProviders.
- To add a new payment processor provider, click Create New.
- In the Id field enter a GUID. You can get one by using the GUID generator in Visual Studio. You can find under Tools » Create GUID.
IMPORTANT: Enter the GUID in capital letters, so that no issues arise after you register the provider.
- In the Name field enter the programmatic name of the payment processor provider. The other providers use upper case names without spaces.
- In the Title field enter the title of the payment processor provider. The other providers use upper case names without spaces.
- In the Description field (optional) enter a description of the payment processor provider.
- In the IsActive field, specify whether or not the payment processor provider is active or not. If the provider is not active then you cannot create a payment method with that processor.
- In the EnableLogging field, specify whether the system to log more detailed error/response message to the trace file in Sitefinity CMS. You can locate this file at App_Data/Sitefinity/Logs/Trace.Log. Note that when you are integrating your custom processor to the system, you are responsible for the logging of the provider.
- In the SettingsType field enter the CLR name of the Settings object of the Payment Processor which gets persisted in the database. If the type does not exist, the validation of the field will fail.
- In the ViewProviderType field enter the CLR name of the custom control for the settings of the payment processor. If the type does not exist, the validation of the field will fail.
- In the ProviderType field enter the CLR name of the concrete IPaymentProcessorProvider implementation. If the type does not exist, the validation of the field will fail.
- Click Save changes.
Your payment processor provider is now registered in the Ecommerce provider. When you are creating a payment method you can see it in the drop down list.