Filter by data provider the items displayed on backend pages
When you have more than one provider for a module, you can choose which items to display in the backend pages of the module. You can do this by using QueryString parameters. When you select a provider, different than the default, a query string is added to the URL – for example, ../?provider=Testprovider.
To display items from a specific provider, perform the following:
- Create a widget that uses the following code:
- Register the widget in the toolbox, using procedure Register a new widget in Sitefinity CMS toolbox.
- Click Administration » Backend pages and open for editing the pages where you want to filter the items displayed.
For example, if you have a module, called MyModule, which has two data providers – Default and MyProvider, you can choose to display in the grid only items from MyProvider. Open for editing the backend page for MyModule.
- Drop the newly registered widget anywhere on the page and click its Edit button.
- In DefaultProvider field, enter the data provider whose items you want to display.
It can be the Defualt(OpenAccessProvider) or any other you have created.
- Click Save.
The widget appends the selected provider as a QueryString to the page.
- Hide the other providers from the backend page using CSS.
Perform the following:
- Drag the CSS widget anywhere on the page and click its Edit button.
- For example, if you want the page to display the second provider and hide the other two, in the CSS widget, enter the following: