Set up your environment
To set up your environment for creating a new widget, you need to open your Sitefinity CMS application in Visual Studio.
To do this, use the Sitefinity CMS Project Manager in the following way:
- Open the Sitefinity CMS Project Manager.
- Select the desired Sitefinity CMS application.
- Click the Edit in Visual Studio button.
- Save the solution, which the Sitefinity CMS project has been opened in by pressing CTRL+SHIFT+S or by selecting File » Save All from the menu.
- Choose a location and a name for the solution and click Save.
You can create the widget either as user widget or as custom widget.