Create a new user widget
Apart from using Sitefinity's built-in user widgets, you can create your own new user widgets.
When implementing a new user widget, you need to:
- Create a new user control in your project in Visual Studio.
- Implement the markup in the .ascx file.
- Implement the client-side functionality in the .js file.
- Implement the server-side functionality, or, code-behind in the .cs file.
- Register the new user widget in the widget toolbox in Sitefinity's backend
Implementing the markup and the logic of the new user widget are specific for each widget.
You can subscribe to events only in the code-behind (.cs file).