Use this widget to give the users the possibility to leave a comment on a page.
PREREQUISITES: Comments must have enabled for pages. You can do this locally. For more information, see Administration: Enable comments and ratings.
Drop the widget anywhere on the page that you want users to be able to leave and read comments. You can then see the comment in the comments module. For more information, see Overview: Comments module.
The Comments widget is different than the comments that a user can leave for an individual item, such as news. You can switch on and off comment for different items in the respective item’s module. For example, you can to switch on and off comments for an event when you create or edit the event.
After you have dragged the Comments widget on your page, you must configure it to display a link to a document.
- Click Edit button in the upper-right corner of the widget.
The Page Comments window appears.
- Select the templates that the widget uses to display comments.
You can change or create new templates for the following:
- Comments template
- Comments list view template
- Submit comment view template
- You can edit the way the widget displays the comments, by clicking Edit selected template. For more information, see Create and edit widget templates.
- Click Save.
For more information about advanced configuration options, see Advanced configuration of widgets.