XLIFF file (FTP) connector
This connector automatically sends the XLIFF files, generated by the Translations module, to an FTP server of the translation agency. When the items are translated, the agency uploads them on the FTP server and the connector automatically imports them in Sitefinity.
NOTE: The connector supports secured connection.
To configure XLIFF file (FTP) connector, perform the following:
- Click Administration » Settings » Advanced » Translations » Connectors.
- Click Create new.
- In Name, enter XliffFTP
- In Title, enter Export to XLIFF file (FTP)
This is the title that appears in the UI, you can enter any title that is convenient for you.
- In ConnectorType, enter Telerik.Sitefinity.Translations.Xliff.FtpXliffConnector
- In Supported languages, enter the languages which you want the connector to work with.
For example, if you enter en-us -> fr-fr; en-us -> es-es, it means you have account for translation service for US English to French and Spanish.
- Select Strip HTML tags, if you want to remove all HTML tags and send for translation text only.
IMPORTANT: This feature is available as of Sitefinity CMS build 10.2.6621.0 and above.
: If you have the following paragraph that you want to send for translation:
<p>This is just a test paragraph with a <a href="#">link</a>, a <strong>strong</strong> tag and nothing else.</p>
- If you have the checkbox selected, which is the default behavior, the following will be sent:
- If you have the checkbox deselected, the following will be sent:
- Save your changes
The connector appears under Connectors.
- Click Parameters and create the parameters with the following keys, the values for which will be provided to you by the translation agency that you have chosen:
This parameter indicates whether the exported translation files should be split by language or exported into a single file.
The FTP host
The username for the FTP server
The password for the FTP server
The name of the import folder where the agency places all translated files. The Translations module will automatically get the files, import the translations, and delete the translated files from the folder.
The name of the export folder where all exported
.xlf files will be located. If not existing, the folder is automatically created.
The port to be used to connect to the FTP server. This is an optional parameter. The default value is
Specifies whether to use SSL when connecting to the FTP server. This is an optional parameter. The default value is
Specifies whether to use Passive or Active connection to the FTP server. This is an optional parameter. The default value is
- Save your changes.