Using the Login widget, your website users will be able to login to your website. The widget displays a username and password login fields and additional login options that you have configured.
IMPORTANT: Depending on which authentication mode you are using, you have to use different widgets. If you are in claims-based authentication mode, use the Login widget. If you are in forms authentication, use the Login (backward compatibility) widget. For more information about authentication modes and how to switch between them, see Authentication and Single Sign-On (SSO).
NOTE: In claims-based mode, you can use functionality for changing password. For more information, see Change password widget widget.
To setup login on your website, perform the following:
- Drag the respective Login widget on the page and click the Edit button in the upper-right corner of the widget.
The widget configuration opens in advanced mode.
For more information about advanced configuration options, see Advanced configuration of widgets.
- In DestinationPageUrl, enter the URL of the page where the user will be redirected after successful login.
- In IncorrectLoginMessage, enter a message that is displayed if the credentials of the user are incorrect.
- In UsernameLabel, enter the label of the Username field.
- In PasswordLabel, enter the label of the Password field.
- In LoginButtonLabel, enter the label of the login button.
- To configure change password functionality, perform the following:
- In ShowLostPasswordLink, enter true, if you want to display Forgot your password? link, which the user can use to change the password.
- In ChangePasswordPageUrl, enter the URL of the page where the user can change password.
The page must contain the Change password widget.
- Configure link to registration form, perform the following:
- In ShowRegisterUserLink, enter true
- In RegisterUserPageUrl, enter the URL of the registration page.
The page must contain the Registration widget.
- In RegisterUserLabel, enter the label of the registration link.
- When you are finished, click Save.
The Edit window closes.
NOTE: If you are experiencing problems with the login when an SSL certificate is installed on the login page, click Administration » Settings » Advanced » Security. In AccessControlAllowOrigin, enter *. If this does not solve your problem, return its value to null.