Date picker widget: Create the template of the view of the designer
To create the template of the designer view, perform the following:
- In the context menu of the
Designer/Views folder, click Add » New Item...
NOTE: Visual Studio does not provide a dialog option to directly create a user control. You must create a file of another type and change its extension.
- In the left pane, select Visual C# Items » Code.
- Click Code File and in the Name input field, enter DatePickerDesignerView.ascx
- Open the newly created file and clear its content.
- Define the markup.
- Save the file.
- In the Properties pane of the DatePickerDesignerView.ascx file, change the Build Action to Embedded Resource.
GITHUB EXAMPLE: For more information about the content of the file, see the DatePickerDesignerView.ascx file of the downloaded sample project.
In the markup, first, you register the necessary assemblies, so that they can be used in the template. Then, you define two controls of
typeRadDatePicker that are used to limit the date range.
Next, you must reference the template in the designer view.