Comments and ratings for dynamic content types
By default, comments are enabled for each newly created dynamic module. You can control the comments settings for newly created modules from Comments module Default settings. The default settings are the settings that each newly created dynamic module inherits.
To view and change the Default setting for comments, click Administration » Settings » Advanced » CommentsModule » Default settings.
For more information about the setting, see Administration: Enable comments and ratings.
After you create a dynamic module, you can change its comments settings individually. To do this, you must add its type to the commentable types.
Perform the following:
- Click Administration » Settings » Advanced » DynamicModules » Controls.
- Click the type of content that you want to add to comments module administration.
You can see the exact type of the content.
- Copy the content of input field The type of the Content items.
- In the tree on the right, click CommentsModule » Commentable types » Create new.
- In Friendly name, enter the name of the content type that is displayed in the backend.
- In Item type, enter the content you copied in Step 3.
- Configure the comments settings.
For more information, see Administration: Enable comments and ratings.
- Save your changes.
The dynamic content type is added to the commentable types and you can configure its comments settings individually.
It is also added as a filter option in the Comments page. You are able to filter comments left for this dynamic content type.