Change password widget
Use the Change password widget to allow your users to change their password for situations where the user forgot their password, or the user just feels compelled to change it routinely.
NOTE: The change password functionality works only in claims-based authentication mode. For more information about authentication modes and how to switch between them, see Authentication and Single Sign-On (SSO).
To give your users the option to change their password in case they have forgotten it, perform the following:
- In the main menu, click Administration » Settings.
The Basic settings page appears.
- Click Advanced link.
- In the treeview on the left click Security » Membership providers » Default » Parameters and perform the following:
- Click enablePasswordReset, in Value input field, enter true, and click Save changes.
- Click requiresQuestionAndAnswer, in Value input field, enter false, and click Save changes.
- Create a new page and add the Change password widget on it.
- Open the page where the Login widget is located.
- Click the Edit button of the Login widget and perform the following:
- In ChangePasswordPageUrl input field, enter the URL of the page where the Change password widget is located.
- In ShowLostPasswordLink, enter true.
- Click Save.
- Publish the page.
When a user is logging to your website, the Forgot your password? link appears. If a user clicks it, he or she must enter the email address that was used when registering. The system sends an email, containing a link to the page where the Change password widget is located.