XLIFF file connector
The Translations module has this connector setup by default. You can add more than one XLIFF file connector. By default, only the Xliff connector is configured. To create more connectors, perform the following:
- Click Administration » Settings » Advanced » Translations » Connectors.
- Click Create new.
- In Name, enter a name for the connector
- In Title, enter the title that will appear in the UI
For example, Export to XLIFF file 2
- In ConnectorType, enter Telerik.Sitefinity.Translations.Xliff.DefaultXliffConnector
- In Supported languages, enter the languages which you want the connector to work with and for which you have an account.
For example, if you enter en-us -> fr-fr; en-us -> es-es, it means you have account for translation service for US English to French and Spanish.
- Select Strip HTML tags, if you want to remove all HTML tags and send for translation text only.
IMPORTANT: This feature is available as of Sitefinity CMS build 10.2.6621.0 and above.
: If you have the following paragraph that you want to send for translation:
<p>This is just a test paragraph with a <a href="#">link</a>, a <strong>strong</strong> tag and nothing else.</p>
- If you have the checkbox selected, which is the default behavior, the following will be sent:
- If you have the checkbox deselected, the following will be sent:
- Save your changes
The connector appears under Connectors.
- Click Parameters and create the parameters with the following keys:
This parameter indicates whether the exported translation files should be split by language or exported into a single file. In Value, enter true or false
This is the library provider. In Value, enter sf_translations_lib_provider
In Value, enter the ID of the library that will hold the exported XLIFF files.
In Value, enter the ID of the library that will hold the XLIFF files for the import.
- Save your changes.
NOTE: If you do not explicitly set the libraries that will hold the exported and imported files, you can view and download these files from the User files. To do this, click Administration » User files. You can see folders Exported Translations and Imported Translation.