Use USPS as shipping carrier
When you are registered with USPS, customers can use their services as they are checking out of your store. USPS will display the shipping methods available for the purchased goods and the customer-specified shipping address.
NOTE: Customers of your site can use USPS shipping services only if they are within the territories of the USA.
To configure USPS as a shipping method, perform the following:
- Register for the USPS Web Tools (https://secure.shippingapis.com/registration/).
- After submitting the form, you will receive an email from USPS containing your username and password.
- Open Sitefinity CMS backend.
- In the main menu, click Administration » Settings.
The Basic Settings page opens.
- Click Advanced link.
The Settings page opens.
- Click Shipping » ShippingCarrierProviders » USPS.
The USPS settings open.
- In Url, enter http://Production.ShippingAPIs.com/shippingAPI.dll?API=RateV4
This is the live mode URL.
- In UserName, enter the USPS username, received via email.
- In Password, enter your USPS password, received via email.
- Leave LicenseKey, MeterID, and AccountNumber blank.
- Select IsActive checkbox.
- Click Save changes.
The USPS is configured in test mode. When a user checks out the cart, relevant USPS shipping services will appear.
NOTE: If you experience problems with your USPS account (error message or no rates returned), you may need to contact USPS to have them upgrade your account for production mode.