Register a new type
Each service may have one or more types. There are three different type settings that the user can register.
To register a new type to a service, perform the following:
- Navigate to Administration » Settings » Advanced » WebServices » Routes.
- Select the route to your service and click Services.
- Select the service, where you want to register a new type and click Types.
- Click Create new and select one of the following:
You use this type for all of the types that do not have a lifecycle.
Fill out the following fields:
- In the Clr Type field, enter the actual CLR type that will be queried.
ClrType is also the key of the item.This property is unique per service. You cannot register a type twice.
- In the Url name field, enter the URL of the type.
UrlName is the third segment in the URL that is used to build up the full URL. This property is unique per service.
- Deselect the Enabled property, if you want not expose the type publicly.
If you leave it selected, then the type will be exposed to the public.
- In Access field, you can set specific access level for the type.
If you leave it empty, the access level set for the service will be used. For more information, see Create a web service » Define the Access permissions.
- In Default page size field, specify a default page size, when no
$top parameter is specified.
You use this type for all the types that have a lifecycle, such as, News, Events, BlogPosts, or dynamic types.
In addition to all field that type TypeSettings has, LifecycleTypeSettings has field Lifecycle status. This is the lifecycle status of the items that will be served.
Enter one of the following:
Only items in status Master will be served.
Only items in status Live will be served.
- Save your changes.