Language selector widget
You use the Language selector widget if you use multiple languages for your website. The widget allows the user to switch between the different language versions of a page.
PREREQUISITES: You are in multilingual mode. For more information, see Administration: Language settings.
After you placed the Language selector widget on your page you must configure it to display language links. To do this:
- Click Edit button in the upper-right corner of the widget.
The Language selector window is displayed.
- If you want the current language to also be included in the list of links, select the Include the current language in the selector checkbox.
- In What to do with languages without translations? radio button group, choose how the widget behaves when a language is added, for which the page has no translation.
Select one of the following:
- Hide the link to the missing translation
The system displays only links to existing translations.
- Redirect to home page of language for missing translation
The system displays links to all added languages, but for the languages for which there is no translation, the system redirects to the homepage of the respective language.
- For more information about language translations, see Translate pages.
- When you are finished, click Save.