You create and configure forms on the Forms page.
To create an MVC form, your page layout needs to be in Hybrid or Pure MVC mode. For more information, see MVC modes
- If you have multiple sites, use the dropdown menu in the upper left of the page to select the site where you want to create forms. For more on multiple sites, see Multisite: Manage multiple sites.
- On Forms page Create a form.
The Create a form page opens.
- When you are using multiple languages, choose the language in which you want to create the form from the dropdown Languages list in the right sidebar.
NOTE: You might not see the language list when creating your very first form, yet it will be available thereafter. For more information about languages, see Administration: Language settings.
- In the Title input field, enter the name of the form.
- You can change the automatically generated name for developers by clicking Change and entering the new name in the input field that appears.
This is the name of the form that is used by developers to refer to the form in the code.
- When you are finished, click one of the following:
- Create and go to add content
The form is created and the system opens the form in content editing mode.
In content editing mode you design the layout of the form and add content using widgets.
For more information, see Design forms.
- Create and return to Forms
An empty form is created and the system returns you to Forms page.
- Back to Forms
You return to Forms page without creating and saving the form.
- Choose a web framework to work with: By default, Sitefinity CMS ships with MVC framework, and you do not need to make an explicit selection. If you enable WebForms framework you will have the option to choose a web framework for your forms. Form more information see //link to Change framework settings
Using the radio buttons at the bottom of your form screen you can select between:
- MVC only
This option is selected by default.
- Web forms only
- You can continue to by clicking Create and go to add content (see Design forms), or just save the blank form by clicking Create and return to forms.
NOTE: After you have saved or published the form, if your license has Marketo add-on, the Advanced section appears. The section allows you to link the form to Marketo.
For more information, see Connect a Sitefinity CMS form to Marketo.