Connect an external form to Marketo
In addition to a Sitefinity CMS form that is built with the form builder, you can connect to Marketo any form that is used in Sitefinity CMS. You do this using jQuery. To write the correct jQuery, you must have developer’s knowledge.
Perform the following:
- In the main menu, click Administration » Settings » Advanced.
- In the tree on the right, select MarketoConnector.
- Make sure, Track external forms is selected.
- Fill out the following fields:
- External form submit buttons query
In this field, enter the jQuery that searches for submit buttons. This is a standard jQuery selector literal that determines on which external form submit button clicks an information is collected from the form elements.
- External form field key attributes
Determines in which HTML elements' attributes the system looks for a lead field name. Sort them from higher to lower priority.
- Marketo lead fields
This is a mapping in the format LeadField:Value. If the eadField is found in a key attribute, the Value is sent to Marketo as name of the lead field. If the Value is omitted, the LeadField is sent as a name of the field.
- If you want the submission of the form to create an event in Marketo, select Do specific web calls on external form.
Whenever a user submits the form, in Marketo, a new Visit Web Page event is created.
- Click Save changes.