Create multiple choice fields
To learn more about the different steps to create a custom field, read the For developers: Create custom fields for product types article.
Here is a list of the things that are specific for the multiple choice field:
- Field CLR type: typeof(string).FullName
- User friendly data type: UserFriendlyDataType.MultipleChoice
- DB type: VARCHAR
- Field type: typeof(ChoiceField).FullName
When creating a multiple choice field, where you create the field definition, you must also create the available choices for the field.
To do this perform the following:
- For each choice create an instance of the ChoiceItem class.
- Set the Text and Value properties of the instance.
- Add the items to a List of ChoiceItem.
- Set the Choices property of the WcfFieldDefinition instance to the serialized value.
NOTE: When creating a multiple choice field, store your choices into an enumeration. The choices are not stored in the MetaField instance. The enumeration will help you work with the choices when setting or getting the value of the field via code.
Use the following code example: