Enable and disable Tracking consent
Tracking consent is turned off by default. If you have a multisite Sitefinity CMS instance, it is turned off for all of the domains.
: Before using the Tracking consent functionality, you must prepare the consent dialog in one of the following ways:
- Modify the default template to enter the consent message title and text and localize it, if required.
For more information, see Modify the text of the consent dialog.
- You can also use a custom consent dialog, which you must create and place in folder
To turn on and customize Tracking consent, perform the following:
- In Sitefinity CMS backend, navigate to Administration » Settings.
- In the left pane, click Tracking Consent.
There is one default entry, whose scope is all domains, and the tracking consent is turned off by default
- To turn Tracking consent on for all domains from the multisite instance, click Any domain and select Ask users for consent to track their activities.
- If you want, you can change the default template.
By default, Sitefinity CMS uses the consent dialog
consentDialog.html that is located in folder
To change the default template, click Change, select the template, and click Done.
- Click Done.
- To create another Tracking consent rule, click Add domain.
- Enter the domain or subdomain.
NOTE: Tracking consent applies to all pages belonging to a domain. You cannot set individual tracking to certain pages or folders.
NOTE: Tracking consent treats domains and subdomains separately – you can turn off tracking for a domain and turn on tracking for a subdomain of this domain.
- Select whether you want to Ask users for consent to track their activities.
EXAMPLE: If you have Tracking consent enabled for all domains, you can turn it off for a particular one, or vice versa.
For more information, see Priority of Tracking consent rules.
- Save your changes.