To expand your Sitefinity CMS to include additional sites, perform the following:
- In the upper-left corner of the page, click the dropdown button , and then choose Manage sites link.
The Sites page opens. The one or more current sites are listed.
- Click Create a site.
The Create a site page opens.
- In Name, enter the name of your new site.
For example, it can be a regional site, such as My site – Germany.
- Choose the protocol from the dropdown box.
- Enter the domain of the site.
For example, you can have different domains for different sites, such as www.mysite.de and www.mysite.pl or you can have sites as subfolders of another site, such as www.mysite.com/de and www.misite.com/pl. You can also have nested folders such as www.mysite.com/support/de.
- If you select This site is in process of development checkbox, you can enter a domain dedicated for testing purposes only.
- Decide how you want to get the site started:
- If you want your site to use more than one frontend language, click Add languages…, select the checkboxes of the desired languages, and click Done selecting.
For more information, see Multiple site management in multilingual mode.
- If you want to develop your site offline, select This site is in offline mode checkbox.
Depending whether your site is online or offline, the following icons are displayed in the grid:
- If you want to add domain aliases, expand Advanced, and enter them in Domain aliases entry area.
- You can set a page for public user login, by expanding Advanced and choosing one of the following:
- To select a page from the site, select Select a page…, click Select a page button, select a page from the list and click Done.
- To manually enter the URL of the public login page, select Enter URL and enter an URL that must be of the same domain.
- Click Continue.
A list of modules is shown.
- Select the checkboxes of the modules that you want available in the new site.
NOTE: If you have deactivated or deleted a module in the Modules & Services management section, it does not appear as a checkbox and you cannot select it.
For more information, see Activate and deactivate modules.
- For each selected module, choose the data source by clicking its Change link, selecting one or more sources, and clicking Done.
By default, the site uses data created with its own modules. You can choose other sites to include as sources. When you choose multiple sources, you must choose which will be this site's default source.
NOTE: If you want to manage images, videos, documents, and other file, activate the Libraries module.
NOTE: If you create a module with the module builder after you create a site, it is not automatically activated for this site. If you want to use it, you must manually activate it.
- Click Create this site.
The site is created and is listed on the Sites page.
When you create pages, content items, products, or classifications, you can choose in which site you want to work. You can do this by using the dropdown selector to the upper-left corner of the page. The dropdown selector also displays the name of the site where you are currently working.