Common behavior of content widgets
When you drop two content widgets on one page, by default, they share the following behavior:
- Switching to detail mode and back to list
- URL filtering (by date through the Archive widget, or by a classification through the Tags or Categories widget)
This means that clicking a page in one widget also changes the page in the other. Clicking a single item in one widget switches the other to detail mode, filtering by date or classification filters both widgets.
If you do not want the widgets to behave in this way, perform the following for each widget:
- Click the Edit button in the upper-right corner of the widget.
- Click Advanced button in the lower-right corner of the widget.
- In field UrlKeyPrefix, for each widget enter a different string.
When you perform an action like paging, filtering, or opening the detail mode, this string is added to the URL. If you perform the action on one widget, the system does not perform it on the other widgets on the page, however if you have performed the action on one widget and then perform it on another, the system returns the first widget in its original state.
To overcome this, perform Step 4.
- In any of the widgets, in field UrlEvaluationMode, enter QueryString.
This is applied automatically to all other widgets.
NOTE: The Forums widget does not support QueryString. If you have such widget on the page, you cannot perform this step.
- Click Save » Save.