Translate an image
If you have more that one language translations of your website, you may want to translate an image. You can use one and the same image, but translate the title and the alternative text, but you can also use different images for your different language translation.
To translate an image, perform the following:
- Open the library where the image is located and click it.
- In the left side of the toolbar, click the current language icon and select the language for the new translation.
- To use a different image for this translation, click (Replace image for current translation) button.
- Choose a different image from your computer and click Open.
- You can translate the following image properties:
- Title and Alternative text
- Author and Description
- URL and URL to file
- When you are finished with the translation, click Publish.
Translate Categories and Tags
The categories and the tags that are assigned to an image are translated through their own modules. For example, if you have assigned a tag to an English image and you go to Tags page, you can translate the tag in German and it will automatically appear for the German version of the image.