Search results widget
Use the Search results widget to configure where and how to display the results of a search that a user performed on your website.
PREREQUISITES: You have created at least one search index and have added the Search widget somewhere on your website.
To configure the Search results widget, perform the following:
- After you have dragged the Search results widget on your page, click Edit button in the upper-right corner of the widget.
The Search Results window appears.
- Select one or both of the following:
- Show searchbox above the results
- Show searchbox below the results
- If you display the search results on the same page as the search box (where you have dropped the Search widget), you do not need to select any of the above, since the search box will be always displayed.
- Under Template select the template which is used to display the news on the webpage.
You can create a custom template by clicking Create New Template. You can edit existing templates by selecting them and clicking Edit.
For more information, see Create and edit widget templates.
- If you are using a search index that has indexed custom fields or the fields of any dynamic content type, perform the following:
- Click Advanced.
- Enter the fields in SearchFields input field, separated by commas.
- If you want the search phrase to be highlighted in these fields, enter them also in HighlightedFields input field.
- Click Save.
- When you are finished, click Save.
The Search Results window closes and the Search results widget is configured to display the search results.
Filter search results by permissions
Search results in the frontend can be filtered by View permissions of the currently logged in user.
To apply this option, navigate to Administration » Settings » Advanced » Search and select Enable filtering queries by view permission.
For more information about advanced configuration options, see Advanced configuration of widgets