Progress NativeChat is a cloud product for building and deploying chatbots into various channels. It makes it easy to create chatbots on top of existing systems. Chatbots can interact with users naturally by understanding natural language expressions. Then they can generate reactions and responses based on a cognitive flow definition.
As a Sitefinity CMS user, you can consume existing NativeChat chatbots and display them on your sites.
In this article, you learn how to integrate an existing NativeChat chatbot into your Sitefinity CMS site.
: To use a NativeChat chatbot with Sitefinity CMS, you must comply with the following:
- The NativeChat widget is an MVC widget and you can use it only in pages based on the MVC or hybrid templates.
- You must have created a NativeChat bot. For more information, see NativeChat Documentation.
- To use a NativeChat bot into your Sitefinity CMS sites, you must first publish it on the NativeChat portal. To learn how to do this, see Publish Your Chatbot on Your Website.
Connect NativeChat and Sitefinity CMS
Before you can add a NativeChat bot to your pages, you must connect to your NativeChat account. This enables the content editors to browse and connect to the published bots in the NativeChat account.
Perform the following:
- Obtain a NativeChat API key for your account.
Perform the following:
- Navigate to NativeChat portal.
- In the upper-right corner, click your account avatar.
- Click Edit profile.
The Account screen appears.
- Click API tokens » Generate new API token.
- Enter a descriptive name for your new token, for example Sitefinity connector API token.
- Click Generate token.
IMPORTANT: Do not close this window until you have copied the token because for security reasons it is never shown again by NativeChat.
RECOMMENDATION: To strengthen the security of your solution, we recommend not storing this token anywhere in text. Instead, enter it directly in your Sitefinity CMS solution, as described below.
- Login to Sitefinity CMS backend with administrator account.
- Click Administration » Connector for NativeChat.
The Connector for NativeChat window appears.
- Enter the API key for your NativeChat account obtained in Step 1.
- Click Connect.
RESULT: The NativeChat module is configured, and you can add your existing chatbots to the pages of your Sitefinity CMS site.
Use the NativeChat widget
The following procedure describes how to add bots to your sites.
You can use the NativeChat widget both on page templates and pages.
To add a NativeChat bot to your Sitefinity CMS page, perform the following:
- In Sitefinity CMS backend, open for editing the page or the page template where you want to add the chatbot.
- In right pane, click Content and expand the Chat.
- Drop the NativeChat widget on the page editor.
- In the upper-right corner of the widget, click Edit.
The NativeChat widget screen appears.
- In Select a chatbot dropdown box, select the bot that you want to use.
The dropdown box is populated with all bots available in your NativeChat account.
- If required, configure the chatbot properties.
For more information, see Publish Your Chatbot on Your Website.