Monitor your website health in App Insights
When you deploy your Sitefinity website to Azure App Services, you can further leverage the Azure services to monitor your website health and key performance indicators. The recommended approach is to use Azure App Insights. App Insights is the Azure Application Performance Management service for web applications. It includes powerful analytics tools to help you diagnose issues and to understand what users do with your app. Application Insights helps you understand how your app is performing and how it's being used.
Below is a list of your website components and metrics that can be monitored with App Insights:
- Request rates, response times, and failure rates - Find out which pages are most popular, at what times of day, and where your users are. See which pages perform best. If your response times and failure rates go high when there are more requests, then perhaps you have a resourcing problem.
- Dependency rates, response times, and failure rates - Find out whether external services are slowing you down.
- Exceptions - Analyze the aggregated statistics or pick specific instances and drill into the stack trace and related requests. Both server and browser exceptions are reported.
- Page views and load performance - reported by your users' browsers.
- AJAX calls from web pages - rates, response times, and failure rates.
- User and session counts.
- Performance counters from your Windows or Linux server machines, such as CPU, memory, and network usage.
- Host diagnostics from Docker or Azure.
- Diagnostic trace logs from your app - so that you can correlate trace events with requests.
- Custom events and metrics that you write yourself in the client or server code, to track business events such as items sold, or games won.
For more information about Azure App Insights see the Microsoft documentation on App Insights Overview.
For an example of how Azure App Insights are used to monitor a Sitefinity website health, see the Sitefinity Cloud documentation for Dashboards and Troubleshooting.