Create service hooks
You create and manage service hooks through the Service hooks page. To open the page, navigate to Administration » Service hooks. Once create service hooks, you see them listed here. On this page you can also edit and delete the service hooks.
Create Service hooks
- Navigate to Administration » Service hooks.
- Click Create a service hook.
- Enter a label for the service hook. This label is used to distinguish this service hook from other service hooks in the list of service hooks you have created.
- Select a trigger. Trigger is the event that Sitefinity CMS tracks. When this event occurs, a POST request is sent to the subscription.
- Enter an URL in the Target URL field. The POST request is sent to this URL. You can receive the URL from the service you want to integrate with Sitefinity CMS.
- Optionally, you can define custom HTTP headers and specify authentication options. For sample payloads, go to List of service hook triggers and sample payload .
- Click Create this hook.
You can implement two types of authentication with your Service hooks: Basic authentication and HMAC authentication.
For basic authentication you can setup username and password that authenticate the Service hook with third party systems.
HMAC is an authentication code that uses cryptographic hash function and a secret key. To use this type of authentication, provide a secret key that is used to compute the authentication code.
Delete service hooks
To delete a service hook:
1. Navigate to Administration » Service hooks.
2. Locate the service hook you want to delete and click (actions).
3. Click Delete.
4. Click Delete service hook to confirm.