Sitefinity Cloud has a single-tenancy architecture, where the services for each customer are completely isolated via dedicated infrastructure contained in separate Azure subscription and Azure Active Directory.
After purchasing a Sitefinity Cloud subscription, each customer gets their own dedicated organization. Each Sitefinity Cloud subscription corresponds to a project in the organization. When a customer purchases additional Sitefinity Cloud subscriptions, these are added as extra projects.
The following diagram illustrates a high-level Sitefinity Cloud customer organization:
Each Sitefinity Cloud subscription (project) hosts a single Sitefinity application that has a single codebase. The application is deployed consecutively to multiple environments through the built-in CI/CD pipeline. By default, a Sitefinity Cloud subscription (project) includes Production and Staging environments, but additional environments can be purchased on demand. The Sitefinity application can host multiple websites by using the Multisite module in Sitefinity.
The following diagram illustrates the different components in a Sitefinity Cloud subscription (project) and their interrelations:
The following components marked with * in the diagram are purchased as add-ons:
The Sitefinity Cloud architecture is based on the following Microsoft Azure and Cloudflare services:
- Cloudflare WAF, Cloudflare DDoS Protection, and Cloudflare SSL/TLS to ensure optimal security for the web application.
- Cloudflare CDN to ensure a pleasant user experience by reducing page and content load times.
- Cloudflare Argo Smart Routing to detect real-time congestion and route web traffic across the fastest and most reliable network paths.
- Cloudflare Workers to create custom edge rules that can transform the request or response based on different conditions at the edge.
- Cloudflare Image Optimization to reduce the image size by stripping metadata and applying lossless or lossy compression to remove redundant bytes from images.
- Azure App Service with preconfigured auto-scaling to optimally handle the load of the website at any time.
- Azure SQL Database to store the website’s data, tuned to ensure optimal performance for the application.
- Azure Blob Storage to store the exported database
.bacpac files, which are exported on-demand, as well as automatically on a regular basis.
It is also used to store media library items, provided that you have purchased the Blob storage add-on.
- Azure Cognitive Search to allow a seamless experience when working with search indexes. To be able to use this service, you must have purchased the Advanced Search add-on.
- Azure Cache for Redis used for server-side data caching to further optimize the website performance.
- Azure Active Directory for easy user management and single sign-on.
- Microsoft Defender for Cloud to ensure defense in depth with its ability to both detect and help protect against threats.
- Azure Logic Apps for creating and running automated workflows that integrate your applications, services, and systems. To be able to use this service, you must have purchased the Automation Workflows add-on.
The Management Portal provides all functionality for managing your Sitefinity Cloud solution, including identity and access management, domain management, links to monitoring dashboards, code manipulation, deployment, and so on. Below is a list of all components provided by the Management Portal:
- Source Control Management
- CI/CD Management
- Database Management
- Application Management
- User Management
- Domain Management
The services are described in more details in Management Portal.
For user management, the solution leverages the capabilities of Azure Active Directory and is further described in User management.
Regional Data Centers
Sitefinity Cloud is built on Microsoft Azure cloud technology, enabling you to select the closest data center in your region. The following locations are supported:
Central US (Iowa)
East US (Virginia)
East US 2 (Virginia)
North Central US (Illinois)
South Central US (Texas)
West US 2 (Washington)
West US (California)
|North Europe (Ireland)
West Europe (Netherlands)
|East Asia / Singapore
|East Asia (Hong Kong)
Southeast Asia (Singapore)
|Canada East (Quebec)
||Central India (Pune)
|Japan and Korea
|Japan East (Tokyo, Saitama)
Japan West (Osaka)
Korea Central (Seoul)
|Australia & UK
||Australia East (New South Wales)
UK South (London)
||UAE North (Dubai)