Sitefinity Cloud enables you to manage the users in your organization through the Sitefinity Cloud Management portal. There you can invite new users to the Management portal, as well as to the different Sitefinity environments. You can also change the permissions of existing users and remove users.
PREREQUISITES: The user management is accessible only to users with Manage Users permission.
If you see an error message when trying to access the Users page, you should contact a user within your organization that has admin permissions and request access.
To access the user management, in the left of the Management portal, click Users.
When you open the Users page, you can see the list of users. These are all the users that are currently part of the Azure Active Directory for your project. You can filter the users by name and email.
For each user in the list, you can:
- View user permissions
In the Permissions column, you can see the permissions that each user has in the Management portal.
- View user roles
In the Sitefinity Roles per Environment column, you can see the roles that each user has for each Sitefinity environment.
The following screenshot is an example of the Users page:
Invite new users to your project
To invite new users to the Management portal, perform the following:
- Open the Users page and click Invite new users button.
The Invite new users dialog box appears.
- In the Users input field, type the emails of one or more users.
- In the Permissions dropdown box, select the permissions that you want the new users to have in the Management portal.
- In section Sitefinity Roles per Environment, for each environment, select the roles that the user will have in Sitefinity backend.
You can assign users to roles for one or more environments.
- Click Invite new users.
The new users appear in the list of users.
NOTE: You can add the users both to the Management portal and to Sitefinity backend. You can also add them only to the Management portal, or only to the Sitefinity backend. If you give the user only Sitefinity roles, they will not have any access to the Management portal.
Change the roles of an existing user
You can change the roles of an existing user in the following way:
- Open the Users page and open the More… menu of the user that you want to edit.
- Click Change roles.
- In the dialog that appears, change the assigned permissions or roles.
- Save your changes.
If the invited user has not yet accepted the invitation, you have the option to resend the invitation email.
To do this, for the respective user, open the More…. menu and resend the invitation.
Remove an existing user
If you want to remove an existing user from your project, perform the following:
- Open the Users page and open the More… menu of the user that you want to remove.
- Click Remove and confirm the deletion.
The user is removed both from the Management portal for the project and from the Sitefinity backend for all environments of the project.
Depending on the Sitefinity Cloud tier that you have purchased, you have a limit on the users that can be registered in the Sitefinity Cloud Management portal.
For more information, see Sitefinity Cloud Tiers.
If you reach the limit, when you add a new user, you will get an error message.
The users that are counted toward the limit of your tier comply to the following rules:
- If the user has only Sitefinity CMS roles and no roles in the Sitefinity Cloud Management portal, this user is not included in the limit.
- If the user has Management portal roles, but has a paid license associated with their email – for example, Visual Studio Enterprise, the user is not included in the limit.
This is because, as a Visual Studio subscriber, the user already has access to Azure DevOps.
NOTE: If a user is invited and has a Visual Studio subscription but has not yet logged in the Management portal , they are counted in the limit. This is because Sitefinity Cloud has no information about the license. Once the user logs in for the first time, that information is updated, and the user is excluded from the limit.
RECOMMENDATION: We recommend ensuring that only users that need access to the project source code and release pipelines are granted Management portal roles. Also, verify that all the users that have paid licenses have logged in after the invitation, so that they are removed from the limit count.