Outdated content settings
You can enable and configure out-of-the-box filters and user notifications for outdated content. Pages and certain content types can have a life span, after which they become outdated (expired) and need to be revised.
NOTE: The feature is currently supported for pages only. It works for pages that have already been published, pages in Draft status are not in scope.
Configure outdated content settings
To enable and configure the outdated content settings, perform the following:
- In Sitefinity CMS backend, navigate to Administration » Settings » Advanced.
- In the navigation pane on the left, expand System and click Outdated Content Settings.
- To enable the filter and notifications for outdated content, select the Enabled checkbox.
Note that the Outdated filter option and respective notification preferences are NOT visible on the user interface unless the feature is enabled.
- In the Outdated after input field, enter the number of days after which a page becomes outdated.
The default setting is
- In Notifications schedule, use a crontab expression syntax to schedule a recurring task for sending user notifications via the notification system.
A crontab expression is a compact way to express a recurring schedule. The default setting is
0 0 * * 1. This means that the scheduled task will run at 00:00 h each Monday and deliver the notifications for outdated pages.
- Click Save changes.