In Sitefinity CMS backend, you can receive notifications for the following:
- Workflow events
If you are part of an approval workflow, you can get a notification whenever a content that you are involved in changes its status.
For example, if you have sent a new item for review, you can be notified when the content is reviewed. Or if you are an approver, you can get a notification whenever an item is sent for approval to you.
For more information, see Workflows.
- Form responses
If you are subscribed for a form, you can get notification whenever a form response is submitted.
For more information, see Setup sending emails for form responses.
You view user notifications in Sitefinity CMS backend when you log in with your user.
In the toolbar of Sitefinity CMS backend you can have a quick view whether you have any new notification.
The notification icon displays the number of new notifications that you have.
To view a complete list of your notifications, click the notification icon in the toolbar.
The Notifications page appears.
The page displays a list of all notifications that you have received.
The unread notifications are highlighted.
- To mark a notification as read, click its Mark as Read icon.
- To mark all notifications as read, in the upper right corner of the page, click (Notification preferences) » Mark all as read.
To close the page, in the upper right corner, click (Close).
You can customize the types of notifications that you receive. For example, you can turn on and off specific notification channels.
To do this, perform the following:
- Log in to Sitefinity CMS backend.
- In the toolbar, click the notification icon .
The Notifications page opens.
- In the upper right corner of the page, click (Notification preferences).
- Click Edit preferences.
The Notify me for updates for... page opens.
- You can turn on and off the following notifications:
- Content and pages sent to me for review / approval / publishing
A notification is sent when an item whose owner are you gets reviewed, approved, or published in an approval workflow.
- My content and pages were rejected
A notification is sent when an item whose owner are you gets rejected in an approval workflow.
- Response to a form I am subscribed for
A notification is sent when a form that you are subscribed to is submitted.
- To exit the page, click (Close).
Notifications expiration settings
NOTE: These settings are system-wide and apply to all users, not just your user.
To configure notification settings, prform the following:
- In Sitefinity CMS backend, navigate to Administration » Settings » Advanced.
- In the treeview, expand Notifications and click UserNotifications.
- In Retention days, enter the number of days that you want notifications to be kept in the notifications list.
- In User notifications cleanup schedule, enter when to clean old notifications in a crontab expression.
- In Notifications check interval, enter the interval in minutes when to refresh the user notifications.
- Select Enable notifications check on inactive window, if you want to have notifications checked even if the browser window of Sitefinity CMS backend is not the active tab.
- Save your changes.