Configure Amazon S3 storage providerThe Sitefinity CMS Amazon S3 blob Storage provider is an implementation of a cloud blob storage provider, which stores the binary blob data of Sitefinity CMS library items on Amazon's Simple Storage Service (S3). To configure the Amazon S3 blob storage provider, perform the following:
Add the Amazon S3 provider
- In the main menu, click Administration » Settings.
The Basic Settings page appears.
- Click Storage providers for Libraries.
- To create a new storage provider, click Add storage provider button.
The Add a provider window appears.
- Enter a name for the provider.
- In Provider type dropdown, select Amazon S3.
- Click Continue
- On the next screen click Done
As a result the Amazon S3 provider is added to your Sitefinity CMS website.
Configure the Amazon S3 provider
Once you've added the Amazon S3 provider to your Sitefinity CMS website, you need to configure its parameters so it can connect with your Amazon account and manage the media content items in the desired location. To achieve this, follow these steps:
In the main menu, click Administration » Settings.
The Basic Settings page appears. Select the Advanced option
- From the left-hand side menu select Libraries » Blob storage » Blob storage providers and select the provider you have added in Add the provider step described above.
Click on Parameters and use the Create new button to add the following 4 parameters:
- Value: the respective value for your Amazon S3 provider access key
- Key: secretKey
- Value: the respective value for your Amazon S3 provider secret key
- Key: bucketName
- Value: the respective value for your Amazon S3 bucket
- Key: regionEndpoint
Value: the respective value for your Amazon S3 region endpoint.
Amazon's S3 requires the storage's region endpoint. Thus, you must know at least one of your storage's region endpoints. The value of the
regionEndpoint configuration parameter must be one of the following textual values: APSoutheast1, APSoutheast2, CNNorth1, EUCentral1, EUWest1, SAEast1, USEast1, USGovCloudWest1, USWest1, USWest2
As a result you have configured your Amazon S3 blob storage provider, and can now use it.