Modify news items with the Native API
Use the code example below to modify a news item by the ID of its master version with the Native API.
NOTE: The example below modifies a news item by the ID of its master version. For more information about working with the ID of the live version, see For developers: Edit content.
In the example below, you perform the following:
- Get an instance of the NewsManager class.
- Get the master version corresponding to the ID.
- To get a temp version of the item, call Lifecycle.CheckOut with the master version as an argument.
- Make all the modifications to the temp version.
In this example, you update the title and the URL of the news item.
- To transfer the changes to the master version, call Lifecycle.CheckIn with the temp version as argument.
- By default, when calling the CheckIn method, the temp version is deleted.
- Call SaveChanges to persist the changes.
- To publish the news item, call the MessageWorkflow method of the WorkflowManager class and pass the required parameters.
- Modify a news item with the Native API