Configure the SalesForce connector
To begin using Salesforce with your Sitefinity CMS website, you must first configure the connection between them. You can synchronize Sitefinity CMS with more than one Salesforce accounts. In each accounts you can have many synchronizations.
To add a Salesforce account to Sitefinity CMS, perform the following:
- Login to Salesforce.
- In the upper-right corner, click your account and then click My Settings.
- In the left pane, click Personal » Reset My Security Token » Reset Security Token.
An email with the new token is sent to you. Copy and save the new token.
- On the Sitefinity CMS main menu, click Administration » Connector for Salesforce.
- Click Add a Salesforce account if this is your first connection; otherwise, click Add account.
The Connector for Salesforce page opens.
- Enter a name for the account.
This name is for your convenience only.
- Enter your Salesforce Username and Password.
- In Security token field, enter the token copied in Step 3.
- Click one of the following:
- Continue to setup synchronization
Your Salesforce account is configured and saved in Sitefinity CMS and the system takes you to create the first synchronization within this account.
For more information, see Configure a Salesforce synchronization.
- Save and Close
Your Salesforce account is configured and saved and the system returns you to Connector for Salesforce page.
You can create synchronizations with this account later by clicking the account.
Your Salesforce account is not configured and not saved.