Switch from forms to claims-based SWT authentication
If you are upgrading your project from Sitefinity CMS 4.x version to Sitefinity CMS 5.x or above, claims-based authentication will not be applied automatically. To configure your site to use claims-based authentication, perform the following:
- Login to the backend of your website.
- Click Administration » Settings » User Authentication.
- In the dropdown box, select Claims based authentication and click Save changes.
- Open the web.config file of your project and perform the following transformations:
- Save and close the web.config file.
- Restart the application.