Create the configurator class
After you create the trace listener class, you create the configurator class. The configurator class implements the ISitefinityLogCategoryConfigurator interface. The purpose of this class is to configure the types of errors that the custom trace listener handles. Situations that are not handled by your custom configurator are delegated to the default one to form a chain of responsibility. To create the configurator class:
- In Visual Studio, open the context menu of the ExternalLogging project and click Add » Class
- Name the class file RaygunConfigurator.cs and click Add.
- Make the RaygunConfigurator class implement the ISitefinityLogCategoryConfigurator class.
- Define the constructors and the fields.
In this section of the code, the RaygunConfigurator constructor sets the default configurator and the configuration policy.
- Implement the ISitefinityLogCategoryConfigurator methods.
In the Configure method, the name of the category is checked and, if it matches the configuration policy, the RaygunTraceListener is called. Otherwise, the default configurator is called to resolve the current category.
GITHUB EXAMPLE: For more information about the content of the file, see the RaygunConfigurator.cs file of the downloaded sample project.